2020 Business, by Jan Bolick, theme group co-chair
Do we do good business in Chapel Hill?
What would make it better?
What would make it fabulous?
If you run a business in Chapel Hill:
- What bugs you about doing business in Chapel Hill?
- What would help you do better business?
- Think ahead to 2020. If all your dreams came true, what would your business be like? What would the business community be like?
If you work in Chapel Hill:
- What do you like about working in Chapel Hill?
- What would make it better?
- Think ahead to 2020 – if all your dreams came true, what would your work life be like?
As a Chapel Hill consumer:
- What do you love about shopping in Chapel Hill?
- What gets in your way?
- What do you wish for?
Compared to other places you have lived or done business in, what is missing?
If you were the CEO of the Chapel Hill business community, what would you do to make Chapel Hill a better place to live, work and play?
Your answers to such questions could make a significant difference in Vision 2020, the plan for Chapel Hill’s future. The next meeting will be Thursday, December 1, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Frank Porter Graham Elementary.
The agenda includes reports on ideas shared by citizens so far. Topics include:
- Downtown district
- Economic development
- Environmental sustainability
- Fiscal responsibility
- Town & gown
- Services delivery
- Cultural vibrancy
- The arts
- Community engagement
Last Saturday we heard reports from those who have been working on these important topics. You can read the summaries and join us again this Thursday, December 1st for the next theme group meeting.
Listen with an ear for business. Listen with an ear for life.
Listen to what is being said. And not said.
And then speak up. Join in. Get involved. It’s a wonderful opportunity to make a difference – for your business and for the entire community.
If you cannot attend, there are still plenty of ways to contribute to the plan:
- Share your ideas in Comments section below
- Send comments to me: Jan@BusinessClassInc.com and I will pass them to the appropriate groups that are working to craft Chapel Hill’s vision for 2020.
- schedule a 2020 Vision speaker to attend your club or group’s next neighborhood meeting or luncheon by contacting email@example.com or 919-969-5068.
And just in case you feel like it won’t matter – that your voice is too small to make a difference – take a look at this favorite quote.