Themes – they’re the building blocks of the plan. And all the theme groups start working on the 27th!
If you haven’t signed up for a theme yet, that’s okay – you can still come to Ephesus Elementary and pick one.
Worried that you’ll miss something in one of the other groups? Don’t be. All the theme groups will meet together at the reporting-out sessions so you’ll have a chance to hear what everyone’s doing, chime in and help us bring all the themes together into one plan.
- Good places and new spaces: Downtown & Development (special places, downtown district, housing, development, protecting existing assets, neighborhoods)
- Town & Gown: Learning and innovation (a center of medicine and health care, life-long learning, using intellectual/financial capital, re-thinking the status quo)
- Getting Around: Transportation: (transportation of all forms, regional assets, partnerships, potential for shared success)
- Community prosperity and engagement: Fiscal Sustainability and public safety, (affordability, economic development, tourism, neighborhoods, services delivery)
- A Place for Everyone: diversity, cultural vibrancy, & the arts (youth, teens, safe places, a welcoming community, arts, creativity, celebrations, special events, inclusion)
- Nurturing our community: environmental sustainability: (our natural environment, open spaces, solid waste, recycling, parks, greenways, rural buffer)
This is where we start – but there will be opportunities to add to the themes and develop their content. At the first meeting on the 27th, people will have a chance to get caught up on the discussions to-date, learn about the overall process and begin developing some of the ideas from the community data (September 27 and October 6th) for their particular theme.
If you’re curious about the rest of the process, please check back – we’ll have more here tomorrow!